Terms & Condition
Terms And Conditions Of Booking With Sikkim Birding Tours-Kewzing-Sikkim
There is no contract between the Company and the Client until the Company has received the full payment.
The Company has the right at any time and for any reason:
- To cancel the contract prior to the date of departure and if it does so, its liability shall be limited to refunding all money paid by the Client without payment of any interest.
- To amend, alter, vary or withdraw any tour, adventure activity, holiday, excursion or facility, it has advertised or published or to substitute an independent contractor (including hotel) of similar class if it is deemed advisable or necessary. In either case, the Company shall not be liable for any damage, additional expense or consequential loss suffered by the clients or for any compensation claim.
- Sikkim Birding Tours cannot be responsible for any improper services provided by any agency, Airline, Transport, Hotel, any provider of services including guides, for any injury, death, loss or damage which is caused by the act or default of the management or employees of any Hotelier, Airline, Shipping Company, Coach owner/Coach Operator who are the Company’s independent Contractor arising outside our normal selection and inspection process or acts of Government authority, wars, civil/political disturbances, natural calamities (landslides, floods, earthquakes etc), strikes, bandh or any delay or changes of itinerary including extra expenses which the Client may incur as a result of any of the foregoing causes.
The Company shall in no circumstances whatsoever is liable to the client or any person travelling with him for:
- Any death, personal injury, sickness, accident, loss, delay, discomfort, increased expenses, consequential loss, and/or damage or any misadventure howsoever caused.
- Any act, omission, default of any independent contractor, Hotelier or other person or by any servant or agent employed by them who may be engaged or concerned in the provision of accommodation, refreshment, transport or service for the client or for any person travelling with him howsoever caused.
- The temporary or permanent loss of or damage to baggage or personal effects howsoever caused. In this condition the expression “howsoever caused” includes negligence on the part of any person.
- No liability on the part of the Company arising in any way out of this contract in respect of any tour, holiday, excursion facility shall exceed the total amount paid or agreed to be paid for the holiday tour, and shall in no case include any consequential loss or additional expense whatsoever.
- The prices quoted in the itineraries have been calculated at the rate prevailing at the time of sending you the quote. The Company reserves the right to amend the prices quoted to you in its itineraries in case of currency fluctuations, increase in cost of fuel, changes in current tax structure, ticket cost increases, transport cost increases due to change of route necessitated by factors beyond our control, before the date of departure or even during the tour and to surcharge accordingly. Whenever applicable all such increases must be paid in full before departure. This holds good for increase in costs by independent contractors.
- For the comfort and convenience of our clients, we will sometimes reverse the direction or slightly amend the itinerary. We will try and advise you of these amendments prior to the start of the tour or on the tour.
- Any additional stay in the hotel will be on client’s account.
- Vouchers once issued are non-refundable.
- 30 per cent of the total amount is required for confirmation of the tour.
Cancellation And Refunds
Should you need to cancel your holiday once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us in writing. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective when it is received in writing by us at our office. As we incur costs from the time we confirm your booking, the following cancellation charges will be payable. Where the cancellation charge is shown as a percentage, this is calculated on the basis of the total cost payable by the person(s) cancelling excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges. Insurance premiums and amendment charges are not refundable in the event of cancellation.
- 60 days or more before departure date – 100% Refund
- 30 – 59 days before departure date – 50% Refund
- 20 to 29 days before departure date – 25% Refund
- 19 days or less before departure date (including failure to appear) – No Refund
No refunds can be provided for any cancellation or curtailment after departure or for any services which are not used for any reason. Depending on the reason for cancellation, you may be able to reclaim these cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of your insurance policy. Claims must be made directly to the insurance company concerned.
Where any cancellation reduces the number of full paying party members below the number on which the price and/or any discounts or concessions agreed for your booking were based, we will recalculate these items and re-invoice you accordingly.
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our obligations under our contract with you is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage, loss or expense of any nature as a result of “force majeure”. In these booking conditions, “force majeure” means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include, lockdown by the Indian Government, whether actual or threatened, war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire, pandemics and all similar events outside our control in this case a credit note will be issued after deducting un-recoverable costs like the taxes, forest and safari permits and our costs acting as the organising agent but there will be no refund whatsoever.
- This trip is for people who enjoy the outdoors and are well aware of the limitations of the outdoors & remote areas.
- Medical Insurance is recommended. Vaccinations advised for Hepatitis A, Polio, Typhoid and Tetanus. A course of anti-malaria tablets is recommended. Do not touch stray dogs, cats, monkeys, etc.
- First aid kit: While medicines and aid is readily available, it is good to have an emergency kit of Band-Aids, antiseptic ointment, diarrhoea tablets, anti-allergy tablets, sterile syringes, sutures and needles.
- Mineral / bottled water of Bisleri brand is recommended for consumption.
- Carry casual and comfortable and adequate clothing for travelling. Sun hat, sun protection lotions, and other cosmetics as per personal needs. Extra camera card should be carried along with water proof bag.
- One can convert the foreign exchange upon arrival at the airport or in a bank in any of the major cities. Please insist on encashment certificate as this will be helpful in converting Indian currency back to foreign currency.
- As trade of all species is banned in India, purchase of items such as peacock feathers and any other animal products is forbidden. Similarly, please discourage snake charmers, monkey and bear shows.
- Use minimum non-bio-degradable material, such as plastics, cans, etc.
- Tips may be given collectively to ensure fair distribution.